Saturday, January 21, 2012

I’m 100 Followers! So a pretty card, FREE elements and files and more intriguing ice photography

 

Thank you for helping me get to 100 followers, tis wonderful and exciting to me.  I had not planned to post again here so fast but I think it’s appropriate and timely. 

I will share a random card I made – I was grazing the internet and came across a very simple and attractive card by Therese Calvird over on the Lost in Paper site and I just had to cook up my own version on this.  Therese’s card used butterfly cut-outs and she attractively used both the positive and negative shapes.  you may want to stop by her site to see what I’m talking about.

At any rate, here is my version of this pattern:

Wow-Hearts

Wow-Hearts2

Once again I tried two different color schemes.  I refrained from putting an actual Valentine’s sentiment on these because if they are not used specifically for Valentines day then I can use them for all other “love” occasions. 

supplies:  Various designer paper – I suspect most are Recollections, I was using up all those scraps I’ve accumulated.  Stamps – Kimberly Polson  Embossing Folder – CuttleBug

These whipped up very quickly!  I've put together the .studio cut files and also the PNG’s so you can make your own if you like.  This is a standard 4.25 x 5.5 inch card. I included the basic heart shape, the bumpy heart shape and then a hollow bumpy heart as well as the face with the three bumpy hearts cut for you. 

 

Bumpy-Heart-Card_Barb-Derksen

DOWNLOAD

And without further delay I’m going to post five more amazing ice pictures.

Barb Derksen Ice 2012  (24)

Barb Derksen Ice 2012  (27)

Barb Derksen Ice 2012  (28)

Barb Derksen Ice 2012  (29)

Barb Derksen Ice 2012  (30)

Like furry little ice feet polishing the surface!

Until next time!

13 comments:

  1. COOL! I'm 101!!! Thanks for sharing so freely. I came over from Silhouette plus and have been downloading all of your files. I also appreciate your pics of ice, living in S FL I miss it (sometimes). So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cards came out very nice CAS I just love them.
    DIANA L.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS Congrats on your 100+ followers.
    DIANA L.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good morning Barb:)
    Your cards are so SWEET!! I LOVE the embossing and the positive and negative hearts.:)
    Thank you so much for sharing your designs with me!!!
    I also LOVE your ice photos.So far we haven't had much of the really cold winter snow and ice.The only thing we have had so far is a few flurries..that you really had to look closely to see.LOL
    Have a WONDERFUL day my friend.:)

    Love,
    Valinda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi there, your cards are so pretty. I love the background texture and the paper behind the hearts really makes this card pop. So pretty!

    Your ice photos are incredible and the way you captured the ice forming around the top of the water. Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your card..just wish the download included svg ... I uninstalled Silhouette software from my computer as I didn't use it and what little I did I forgot. If I'm reading the photo correctly, you cut the hearts out on one sheet and inserted colored paper underneath. I will see what I can design with Make the Cut. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. congrats on 100 followers! I thought I had left you a comment yesterday as I had been on your site admiring your work.
    Love the heart cut outs.
    The pics of the ice are AWESOME!
    Looking forward to working with you @ WAW.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on 100 followers! Wow! Sure have been enjoying your ice pictures and all the cards you churn out!! You're amazing girl!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations on your 100 follows, you always include some many fantastic things when you post so it is not surprising everyone wants to know when something new is posted. Love the cards, those little hearts are darling. Love the papers you used and the texture is perfect. Great ice photos too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. thanks so much for sharing all your lovely files they're great xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Barb. I popped over from the Silhouette Plus Forum. Your work is so beautiful, both your photography and cards. Thank you so much for all of the files you share. I downloaded the hearts and can't wait to use them. Have a Blessed day!

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for sharing these cute hearts.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a blessing to me!

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts