Wednesday, September 03, 2014

Family Challenge Card #13 - Paint Chip!

Sigh sigh sigh, I blogged only once in August, how very sad Sad smile  - lets hope September is better.

So I’m kicking this month off with a Family Challenge.  Seeing how I keep picking up paint chips here and there on my travels (mainly because I find they somehow magically have “that shade” I need on some projects) - I figured to intentionally challenge myself and family members Nina and Judy to come up with something nifty too.  The only perimeter I set is we incorporate a paint chip into the mix.

 

Family-Challenge-13_Barb-Derksen

I chose this feather cut (from the Silhouette Store’s “feathers” set) and a paint chip from Behr - 420F- 4 (Sagey) is the top colour and it has three other shades below.  Next I trimmed my paint chip into it’s coloured sections because originally there  was white space in between each hue.  I used some scotch tape to hold the pieces together.  I created an offset in my Silhouette software and then plunked the feather atop. 

I wanted my card to reflect the entire spectrum of my chosen paint chip so I kept my background cardstock very simple.   I used the same cardstock and embossed it to add interest to the front, and left a strip open on the card face so I could stamp a sentiment.  I embossed the sentiment to include some texture into this area of my card. I used some foam tape to bump out the feather as the feature of my creation.

I thought I was done.  Something missing.

Ahhhh - used a small strip leftover from my feather cut, reversed the color sequence and tacked it to the bottom panel, this seemed to have grounded it. 

Be sure to check out Nina and Judy’s cards as well!

3 comments:

  1. Fabulous CAS card Barb, I love the lighter textured background against your wonderful feather. Thank you for another great challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your paint chip feather. I love the creativity to come up with it. I also love the embossing in the background. And, you have been missed! hugs, Patty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your color chip feather your card is so soft and I love it thank you for the challenge...can't wait to see the next challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a blessing to me!

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts