Monday, September 08, 2014

Freshly Made Sketches #152 Challenge Card

FMS 152:

And here’s my take on this sketch:

FMS-152_Barb-Derksen

Designer Paper - “BOWTIES” by Basic Grey

Stamp - by Paper Smooches

Beetle Shape - Flaticon free shape (credit and attribution http://www.flaticon.com/free-icon/beetle-shape_47159)

Beetle Wings - Barb Derksen

I have been dying to use paper from this 6 x 6 DP pack from Basic Grey so when I decided to jump into this challenge it was not a question in my mind I would choose a paper from this fun pack.

I kind of switched the layout of the sketch so my “shape” appears on the left side rather than the right.  Such a rebel.

I hunted down the beetle shape and cut it with my Cameo and then fashioned a design for some wings.  I used vinyl for both the beetle body and the wings.  Often when I do a solid shaped item like this which requires some sturdiness, I actually fix the vinyl to cardstock before cutting and then cut using the cardstock setting. 

I stamped the sentiment onto roughly torn watercolor paper (stamps are SO much crisper for the good quality paper, worth every penny!)  I added a black ribbon and voila. 

Ok, not quite voila after taking this picture because my Mr. and I decided this beetle looks even more cool with some plastic “googly eyes” - but time is of the essence so I did not have time to process a new pic.

Thanks for visiting!

4 comments:

  1. EEK!!!! Where's the Raid!!!! That would be great for someone who "bugs" you. Hahahaha, just couldn't help my self. All bugs aside, it is a really neat card. I just can't keep from thinking "eek", though. hahaha hugs, Patty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, so many bugs on this card, and all so adorable. They are cute when they are just paper, aren't they? Love your big bug, and what a fun layout.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the bug ....you always come up with neat ideas .

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hee...heee..just came by to BUG you my friend.:) Let me put a BUG in your ear...., snug as a BUG in a rug. LOVE your BUG!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a blessing to me!

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts