Thursday, March 12, 2015

Two Card Challenges completed! Woo Hoo!

I’ve pulled off not one but TWO card challenges in the past few days despite being extremely busy.  Here we go:

Simon Says “Things that FLY”

SSW-Things-that-Fly-Barb-Dersken

I used a fun 6 x 6 paper from Basic Grey “Hey Boy” and I added a silvery airplane I traced and modified and cut out of shiny vinyl..  Next I added some velum cut into cloudshapes and I used some silver daubers and then added some water and pearlescent paint and voila it crackled the clouds to look 3d.  I lined them with a marker so they were more visible.  Next I layered up the Stamped Sentiment by Paper Smooches and tied the plane together with it with some bakers twine. 

The Card Concept #30 “Thinking of YOU”

Card-Concept-30-Barb-Derksen-1

I used sheet of 6 x 6 from Kristin Cronin Barrow’s Blank Canvas.  I stamped using a Hero Arts sentiment and washed over the middle part with Orange Tom Bow. 

Card-Concept-30-Barb-Derksen-2

I’ve had these sweet paper flowers around for a while – I made them myself and kind of forgot them in a drawer.  I hand cut the leaves. 

Thanks for stopping by!

5 comments:

  1. Your card is sophisticated, fun and frilly with the pretty handmade flowers and your artistic touches, Barbara! Thank you so much for sharing it with us at The Card Concept and for your kind comments on my card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah man that plane is sooo cute.....and a BIG OOOOOH.. those flowers!! I'm dying.. lol. Morning ;-P.. did a stealth mode browse a few days ago but never commented ( I know.. my bad) but WOW, those cards are seriously awesome. Sending happy Friday loves and hope you have a fab fab weekend. XXXX

    ReplyDelete
  3. BEAUTIFUL use of the plane image and the pattern paper is awesome! Thanks so much for playing Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Things That Fly” Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely cards! Thank you so much for playing along with The Card Concept!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both cards are fantastic Sis, but the glittery papers on the second card are stunning.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a blessing to me!

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts