Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Family Challenge card (YAY!)

Family Challenge – STITCHING

I love this time with my family members, my sister Nina who was the person who got me into making cards and my sister in law Judy who is always game to jump into creative time with us and its almost like a big family visit – and Judy is featuring my niece Samantha’s card on her blog too as Samantha does not have time to post!  Bonus is we each walk away with something pretty and useful.  I think I especially appreciate that we all have our own unique styles and I hugely enjoy seeing what everyone else comes up with. 

For me, I went with simple with my card choice:

Family-Challenge---Stitching-1---Barb-Derksen

I am making myself use a set of Tim Holtz distress inks which I bought recently (in the feast part of my feast and famine existence) and so I layered and blended two blues (tumbled glass, faded jeans) and pumice stone to create a night sky feel.

Family-Challenge---Stitching-2---Barb-Derksen

I used a pin and a stampin up piercing and stitching set to line up holes which I threaded with a sparkly blue and silver thread.  Believe it or not, I free-handed the stars onto double sided foam tape and then dipped one side into glitter and affixed to the bottoms of the stitching.  The final touch?  The lovely peace script stamp by Stampin’ Up.

Can’t wait to see what Nina  Judy and Samantha made! 

2 comments:

  1. Barb your card is so beautiful simple but says a lot. I love it . It was fun....hope we can do another family challenge before the year is over. Thanks for sharing and playing along.

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simply stunning Barb, I love the imapact of those gorgeous stars again the night sky.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a blessing to me!

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts