Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Merry Monday Challenge Card

Merry Monday 181 (Blue, White with Texture!)

I had fun with my card. I found the perfect DP scrap {don’t know where it came from} and built the rest of the card around it. 

Merry-Monday-181-1-Barb-Derksen

The DP itself features glittery snowflake with a bit of texture, and the plum swirls.  I stamped over the entire background using a Stampin’ Up Yule Bits & Borders.  Next I stamped this present (no identity on this stamp) using Buckaroo Blue classic ink pad by Stampin’ Up.

Merry-Monday-181-2-Barb-Derksen

I embossed the top and ribbon on the gift with sparkle embossing powder, added some gems to the pattern on the present, put on a few touches of plum using TomBow Markers and then I layered it all atop plum cardstock and finally some shimmery wide ribbon trimmed to size and a few loops of very fine silvery blue thread.

It’s a grey grey windy day here today – a nice day to snuggle up and be creative.  I hope whatever your day holds, that you embrace it with joy!  For me, watching the wind pushing the waves about, the birds wheeling and doing ecstatic loop-de-loops and dancing on it’s invisible ups and downs, reminds me that even a day like this is a reminder that it was created for me to enjoy!

 

The heavens are yours,

the world,

everything -

for YOU created them all.

Psalm 89:11 TLB

7 comments:

  1. Love it when DSP can do the work for you. Great card. Thank you for joining us at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty Barb, I love this CAS layout and the papers are gorgeous. So glad you could play along with us for Merry Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that "wordy" background paper you used! Isn't it awesome when you find the perfect scrap to make an amazing card?

    ReplyDelete
  4. love your card...awesome take on the challenge ...makes me want to try it. Thanks for sharing.

    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE that paper! Your card is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a pretty background layer for your card! Thanks for playing Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful card! You have such talent.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a blessing to me!

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts